12 Precaution Measures During Pregnancy
- It is extremely important to talk to your doctor before using essential oils. Tell him which one you’d like to use and listen to his advice.
- Try not to use essential oils in the first 3 months of pregnancy without medical advice.
- Always follow the recommended dose! You are doing no one a favor by going above the specified dose. Plus, you could be harming your baby without even knowing it.
- You might want to go slow at first. Try using one drop of essential oil at a time and see how your body reacts.
- Do not use one type of essential oil for more than 7 days in a row. Luckily, you have plenty to choose from, so use them in turns. If used for a long period of time, essential oils can sensitize the skin. Once it becomes sensitive, it will always be that way.
- Never use undiluted essential oils on the skin. A 1% dilution means 6 drops of EO per Oz. carrier oil. For your own peace of mind you could add less than that.
- Make sure you only use pure essential oils. Find out how to choose your essential oils from reputable sources. Also, don’t start experimenting during pregnancy.
- Don’t apply essential oils on the womb.
- When you diffuse essential oils, do it for 15 minutes each hour. Also, leave at least an hour pass before switching to the next different essential oil.
- Epileptic pregnant women shouldn’t use essential oils at all. It would be best to avoid them if you suffer from any other serious illnesses.
- Also, avoid them if possible in case you have a miscarriage history.
Finally, if the symptoms persist for a longer time, you should go to the doctor, a.s.a.p. You don’t want to be anything else but serious when pregnant. Essential oils are just a better way to improve mild conditions. They should never replace prescribed treatments.